Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cover your mouth and see His Greatness! (Job 40-42)


I love how Job responded, "I lay my hand on my mouth." The picture of those monkey who shall hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil just came up into my head! Observe the monkey! =)
You might know that Job probably lived in a "Stone Age" in Abraham's time or so. Some of us might call them cavemen, so let's imagine Job as a caveman when God looked at him as he finally 'hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil' and told him to "dress for action like a man". In the footnote, it says 'gird up your loins', which means Job will need to pull up his garment and tie them tightly to increase his mobility in battle. I love how God challenged Job to stand before Him to see what He will show them!
"Behold, Behemoth"... and "Can you draw out Leviathan?" , Job stood in awe as the Lord described those two great creatures! The Lord told Job that He cannot lift up His hand to His mouth to stop boasting about those beast for He created them! Let's hear of His boasting as we read through those chapters about those creatures!
Then Job admitted, "I admit I once lived by rumors of you; now I have it all firsthand - from my own eyes and ears!". His ear is shut down from the rumors of the society's view about God now as he finally hear and see what God has shown! We might often see how the book of Revelation quoted for each seven churches, "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."
After Job understood, God took care of his three friends. It is interesting how God told them that because Job will pray for them, God will accept Job's prayer to not to deal with them for their fooly. God didn't took care of everything, but allow us to take care of things on the earth! Like how He created Adam and Eve to dominate the earth together! It shows that He wants to see His people forgive each other and restore each other before He will restore Job! Job got twice of everything he had, but I think that Job got much more! I think he found the best peace ever, the best gift we can get from Him! Because perfect love casts out fear. I think for that reason, Job is able to live his life to the fullest til his 140th years ended!

No comments:

Post a Comment