Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, March 29, 2010

Not Yet Come, Then Come! (John 1-3)

"Woman, what does this have to do with me? My hour has not yet come." Jesus told his mother when she told him that this wedding just ran out of wine. But his mother went ahead and told the servants to heed him anyway. It seems like there is some disagreement here!

Here's what amazed me, something switched in Jesus. So, Jesus told the servants what to do. So, the bridegroom got the "miracle wine". After tasting it, he declared that, "Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now." So, Jesus' disciples were with him when they saw the first of his signs and they believed him.

But what switched Jesus? Was it his mother's faith? Or was it the time? Or was Jesus just testing her mother's faith? But here is what amazed me: his mother went ahead. I think she knew what to do from raising Jesus. She knew him. She saw that he was ready. She went ahead by her faith! Where is Jesus today? Is He alredy in you? Is He already in me? I don't know about you, but I know that He is already in me by the Holy Spirit. So, the question is how can we switch something in us? Here's the deal, Jesus also switched something in his twelve disciples, they are with him first so that he might send them out to preach and have authority to cast out demons. (Mark 3:14-15)

But let's look closer at this: "my hour hasn't yet come" and "you have kept the good wine until now". His mother's faith came between those two different phrases of time! His mother knew Jesus well enough to know that it is time to pour a new wine into a new wineskin, which triggers a new movement! How do we know? We need to follow Jesus' mother's example by living with Jesus daily to know Him well. We are called to know Him. God created us to be with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment