Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We Can Boast (John 7-9)

"Yet I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks it, and he is the judge." Jesus is telling them that Jesus is not here to give glory to himself, but to give the glory to the Father! He told them that he was sent here by his Father, that his Father is the one who did all of those things. Jesus claimed that his Father is the one who has the authority to do all of those things! Even Jesus claimed that he does nothing on his own. Jesus showed the humility by saying that he didn't do anything, but his Father had!

"If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, 'He is our God.'" I love how God designed us to give Him glory and then He will glorify us! He will lit the inner glow within us, so that the multitudes will follow us! It is funny how "we must decrease, and He must increase" ended up with this, "then He will raise us up". I love how God makes things so simple! All we need to do is to praise Him and give all of the glory to Him and let Him do the rest! God will boast about us, so that the world will see Him through us! All we need to do is enjoy being in His presence and let Him work in then He will send us out!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Eph 2:8-9

Here are two ways that we can boast:

2 Corinthians 10:17But, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

2 Corinthians 12:5I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment