Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let's Tear Down the Wall (Jer 50-52)

I admit I skim through this chapters when we were on the flight to Nicaragua to prepare for this blog! Sang this song, "Tear Down the Walls", a bit and I shared some stories about how God helped me to tear down some walls in my life. When we arrived Nicaragua, we found out that we are going to tear down the walls by using the sledge hammer and shovel the pieces into the wheelbarrow and dump it into a pile. After 8 hours of hard working last two days, we talked about how our physical actions can apply to our spiritual life. It is amazing how we may see beyond something that we cannot see by tearing down the wall!

Sometimes we created some walls into our lives because of "how we have been humiliated, taunted and abused, kicked around for so long that we hardly know who we are! And we hardly know what to think." (51:51 MSG) It's like how we may get ourselves trapped inside the walls because we hardly know what to think after being abused for so long! But God says, "The city walls of Babylon - those massive walls!- will be flattened" (51:58 MSG). Yeah God will tear down the walls in your lives like He tore some of my walls in my life and still have some more walls to tear in the days ahead!

Most of us may undergo some abusive relationship, have been molested by someone, rejected by their parents or guardianship, or many other different reasons that will cause us to build some walls around us. I once created that walls around myself, but until I read this book, "Woman Thou Be Loosed" by T.D. Jake, I finally took a step to tear down few walls in my life, and it brought me some freedom to be who I am!

"The power to heal is in the power to care. If you are a broken arrow, please allow someone into the storm. I know you usually do not allow anyone to come in your aid. I realize a breach of trust may have left you leery of everyone, but the walls you built to protect you have also imprisoned you. The Lord wants to loose you out of the dungeon of fear. He does care. We care." So after I read this passage, I decided that I want to break free! So, I decided to be honest with an adult whom I trust and I finally felt a lot better as the hidden truths went out free to let the healing to come! Now I am able to be myself because that adult now knows about my past and my fear of being exposed and of being looked down had disappeared since I know that I was understood and prayed for.

"If you will remain chained to your past and all the secrets thereon until you decide: Enough is enough! I am telling you that when your desire for the future peaks, you can breakout of prison." I used to be like a frighten kitten hidden in a corner somewhere dark, no one knew where I'm hiding, starring... but now I came out and began to bloom... let's hide in the corner no more! We can talk with a counselor at our church, ask the prayer team to pray for us, talk to our campus pastor after the church service, or our trusted Christian friend who is spiritually mature. Let's start walking out of Babylon and let Him restore us!

No comments:

Post a Comment