Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, September 6, 2010

Be Agitated in Silence (Ps 4-5)

This morning I had a restless morning when I couldn't read or do anything much because I was agitated by such thoughts. So I had to sit in the dish chair staring up the ceiling hoping that one of my roommates won't wake up until I finally decided that I got to push them away, so I did. Then I grabbed my Bible and started to read:

"Be angry (or 'be agitated'), and do not sin; ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. Offer right sacrifices, and put your trust in the Lord."

I was grateful that this verse encouraged me to "stay in my dish chair" as I struggled with my agitation!

"Give ear to my words, O Lord; consider my groaning. Give attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to you do I pray."

No comments:

Post a Comment