Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Guard Your Heart (Prov 3-4)

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." - Proverb 4:23

With Psalm scratched off, my youth pastor back then replaced it with Proverb before handing us a note. My brother and I got it and I've been clinging to this verse ever since. Even the note is still bookmarked in my old Bible.

Even with his small action of handing us the note, I have seen how it impacted my life so much. Whenever I'm angry, "guard your heart" came into my mind. Whenever I'm thinking such malicious thoughts, "guard your heart" came into my mind. Whenever "Above all else, guard your heart" came into my mind, I recalled the reason: "for it is the wellspring of life."

Do you want to make a big impact? Do you want to stop the aching?

"People come here and say, 'I am hurting so badly. Can you help stop the aching?' One of the most important things we tell them is, 'You need to get involved with serving someone else's need. As you serve, watch what God does to your need.'" Dino Rizzo learned that we need to go out to meet others' need to allow God to meet ours. "After we had prayed for a while, God spoke quietly inside my heart. He said, "Dino, if you will take care of people outside the walls of this church, I'll take care of filling it.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment