Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, September 20, 2010

Bridle Your Tongue (Ps 39-40)

"David said, 'I will guard my mouth with a muzzle, so long as the wicked are in my presence.' I was mute and silent; I held my peace to no avail, and my distress grew worse. My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: 'O Lord, ..."

David decided to hold his tongue when the ungodly was around him. He had to hold it even when it makes him a mute. He had to. He held his tongue. It burned hot in him. It increased! Then he spoke! He spoke not to the ungodly, but he spoke to the Lord.

It was hard for him to hold his tongue for it makes him feel like:
"But I am like a deaf man; I do not hear, like a mute man who does not open his mouth. I have become like a man who does not hear, and in whose mouth are no rebukes."

"Surely a man goes about as a shadow!" David said to the Lord. Oh yeah! Believe it or not, but it's as if we go about as shadows when we have to bridle our tongues! But do you know what happen when you bridle your tongue as you sink in the "quicksand"?...

The Lord responded by drawing David up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, out of the net, out of everything. Then the Lord shall set his feet upon the rock, upon the level ground. As if the Lord "reset" David's alarm code and took care of it. PEACE OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment