Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, September 17, 2010

David's Openness (Ps 31-33)

"For my life is spent with sorrow, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my inquity, and my bones waste away. Because of my adversaries, I have become a reproach, especially to my neighbors, and an object of dread to my acquantiances; those who see me in the street flee from me. I have been forgottten like one who is dead; I have become like a broken vessel."

David is full of sorrow? David is known to us as a mighty king who had his thirty Mighty Men! David is known to us as a king who will sing, dance, and laugh with the Lord. Is that it? No, David also weep with the Lord as he expressed his sorrow to the Lord. I think he is an all-around emotional guy! He put all of his emotions on the table without hiding anything from God. He is saying, "I'm like a broken vessel!" He is vulnerable! Full of sorrow! Alone!

"For when I kept silent, my bones waste away through my groaning all day long."

David knew that he cannot keep silent, so he had to put his inquities and adversaries upon the table and lift it up to the Lord. He had to keep his openeness. He had to! "For when he kept silent, his bones waste away."

After he opens up to God, he began to praise Him! Do whatever you need to do to open yourselves to God so that He may pour His blessing and love into your broken vessel! Be yourself! Lay face down on the floor to lift up your broken vessel and then jump all around your bedroom when He fills you up. David didn't care what the people would think. Pray and praise in your room like no one is watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment