Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Carrying Other's Words (Prov 5-7)

"My son, keep your father's commandment, and forsake not your mother's teaching. Bind them on your heart always; tie them around your neck... for the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light."

According to Becoming A Person of Influence, scientists dropped a rat into a jar of water that's being place in a total dark place and timed how long the rat will continue to swim before it gave up and allow itself to drown, the result was a little more than 3 minutes. Then they dropped another rat in a jar that had a ray of light shine into it, the rat lasted for 36 hours! I know that it sounds cruel, but this experiment showed that the light gave the rat a lastingly hope! Maybe we feel like we are in a dark tunnel, but we got to believe that we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We will enjoy the sighting when we came out of the tunnel! Always tie the words of encouragement around your neck and keep believing as whoever once believed in you.

Proverb 4:23 note from my youth pastor bookmarked in my old Bible. Positive things about me from the Deaf Academic Bowl team 2005 taped in my scrapbook. And some "Thank You" cards taped on my wall. What about you?

In fact, most of us would list half of our strengths as our weaknesses. It's much easier for us to list our weaknesses. Is it true for you?

Increase our faith in ourselves and in others. "Say to wisdom, 'Your are my sister,' and call insight your intimate friend." Say to Jesus, 'You love me' because the Bible says so! Yeah the Bible says so! Have hope in one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment