Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Caleb's Spirit in Achsah Generation (Joshua 13-15)

"And now, behold, I am this day eighty-five years old. I am still as strong today as I was in the day that Moses sent me; my strength now is as my strength was then, for war and for going and coming. So now give me this hill country of which the Lord spoke on that day."

Imagine any grandparents or yourself (if you are a grandparent already) grabbing any weapons to prepare themselves for the battle to protect the land or to conquer! That's what Caleb did! He fully believed in His promise, which makes him feel like he actually has the same strength as before, so he can face any kind of battles today like he can when he was young. It amazed me, it amazed you doesn't it?

BUT there is something more to this passage! What does it means to have the spirit of Caleb today? Caleb believed His promise from 45 years ago and went to claim His promise! In the same way, we can believe His promises from 45 years ago or 2,000 years ago or even 6,000 years ago!

Jesus said to us, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12). When Jesus said, "Truly, truly" twice, he is sincere! Like "Martha, martha", "Peter, Peter", and more! It is probably the only time that Jesus said to us all, "Your name, your name" and to me He says, "Kari, Kari".

We are in the generation of Achsah because we aren't in the book of Acts today, but we are in the new generation. In the next generation, Achsah came to her new husband. 'When she came to him, she urged him to ask her father for a field. And she got off her donkey, and Caleb said to her, "What do you want?" She said to him, "Give me a blessing. Since you have given me the land of the Negeb, give me also springs of water." And he gave her the upper springs and the lower springs."' Notice how her daughter followed her father's example and went to her father to ask for the land like how Caleb asked Joshua for the land? Like Achsah, we should follow Caleb's example and by Caleb's spirit in the generation of Achsah, we go and conquer the springs of water!
Be the wellspring of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment