Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 9, 2010

Disaster of Complaining (Num 11-13)

"And the people complained in the hearing of the Lord about their misfortunes, and when the Lord heard it, his anger was kindled, and the fire of the Lord burned among them and consumed some outlying parts of the camp."

It reminds me of how hard it is for me to coach those high school students when they keep complaining, "it hurts", "I am tired", "it is raining outside, I've got to keep my hair neat for the prom!", "I just got my hair done", "it is cold outside!", and many of other murmurs! My frustration began within me, but I love them (I often smiled at their cute little murmurs, "Ok... Come over"!)! In the same way, the Lord's anger was kindled because He knew that He will help us to get into the victory, He wanted us to follow His direction into that victory! But it is up to us to stop complaining and let Him train us into victory. In the same way, I patiently explained them that they will need to keep training in order to win those track and field meets, with some stories of some victories, they knew that their murmurs won't benefit them. I believe that God already showed us some of the victories throughout the Bible, all we need to do is to meditate upon those victories in His story to help us to learn how to stop murmur and let Him be our Lord as He will train us through the time of wilderness or struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment