Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 2, 2010

Going Extreme (John 13-15)

Sometimes we can be out of balance in one way or another like the pendulum in the grandfather clock when we stepped out of our rhythm of life. I once went out of the balance! It is all about learning. I went out of the balance when I received the word, "Fight" into my heart from a sermon. After this message came into my heart, I have seen how God have been pushing me to grow in that area one by one through a teacher, a friend, a book, etc. So, after getting this deeper into my heart, I went back home to confront my dad in an extreme way. I believed that God wanted me to do this because He put this message into my heart. But, what I didn't realize is that I didn't have the wisdom to procceed this word of the Lord in the right way. So, through my mistakes, my pendulum finally start to "find it's place". I finally learned how to "fight" for the change in a right way, to start growing and cut off the cord. Of course, we all had to learn how to cut off the cord with our parents when we grow up, so that we will be able to grow healthy!

In the same way, Peter went to extreme when he told Jesus to wash his hands and head as well! After hearing Jesus' confrontation about "having no share with me", Peter changed his statement suddenly. In the same way, we may change something in our life when we heard something from God and change ourselves in an extreme way.

Before Peter went into extreme, he refused to let Jesus to wash his feet. Then after Jesus' confrontation, he asked Jesus to wash his entire being! Although we can see how Peter made a lot of mistakes throughout the Bible, he matured a lot out of his mistakes! Jesus pulled him out of water, Jesus taught him why he needed to be served by Jesus, Jesus showed him love and forgiveness when he denied Jesus, and more! But from all of this, Peter grew!

We may be holding something, let the pendulum begin to move. So that we will be able to find the center, to find the balance, to find what He wants us to learn!
"Let go, let God!"

1 comment:

  1. GREAT POST, learned something new from you!

    Let me add something...

    I may view Peter as biggest trouble maker or worst or perhaps most stubborn disciple that Jesus ever had... YET, Jesus asked Peter "Do You Love Me?" Three times and feed lamb. I am thinking Peter may have gave Jesus hard times, YET, Jesus love him.

    CAUSE: Jesus Love Peter No Matter What.

    EFFECT: Peter Wrote Two Books!

    Today's 2 cents: Do you have a stubborn disciple like Peter? How do you love that disciple with all heart, all soul, all mind and all strength?

    Wow! I learned something from fellow NCCers, Mark and Kari!

    ReplyDelete