Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Choose Your Master Carefully (Joshua 22-24)

Before Joshua leave the people to die, he said, "And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Matthew 6:24, "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

Are you like Mary or Judas Iscariot? Mary took a pound of expensive ointment made from pure nard and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped his feet with her hair! She decided to serve her Jesus so that she may keep it for the day of Jesus' burial! While Judas Iscariot said, "Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?" because he didn't like to see the money go to waste, and later he betrayed Jesus with thirty pieces of silver to deliver him to chief priests! Which one are you? Are you trapped into the money system and allowing the money system to control where you are going and what you are doing? Which controls you the most, God or the money?

Notice that Joshua told the people that they must choose whether to serve the Lord or to serve other gods, he didn't say god, but he said gods! So there are more masters out there! Money is one of the master, but there are some more masters out there! What or who is your other master?

When I grew up, I used to serve my Master and my master, but my God is my Master above my other master. For He is the Lord of lords, the King of kings, God of gods, and Master of masters! I always say, "I love basketball, but God is in the top of my priorities!" Later I realized that I was just talking because I was willingly to do more for basketball than I would do for God! I was willingly to take a risk to transfer myself into a public school where I will be the only deaf student in order to move my game into a higher level! When I confirmed the decision to transfer after my sophmore year in high school, it started to hit me that I was willingly to do more for basketball than I would for God! That was when I started to push myself out of my comfort zone to be able to serve God more! So I was willingly to be the only deaf person attending the youth group in my church! So I started to commit myself to attending few months before the school year began, so that I would please Him! And I grew a lot throughout my junior year in high school because I choose to serve my Master!

Which master controls your life the most? Money system (your job) or other masters or God?

No comments:

Post a Comment