Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, April 18, 2010

In the Center (Numbers 35-36)

"The pasture surrounding the Levites' towns is to extend 1,500 feet in each direction from the city wall. The outside borders of the pasture are to measure three thousand feet on each of the four sides - east, south, west, and north - with the town at the center. Each city will be supplied with pasture."

Those verses reminds me of my previous visit at the national mall after the New Year Eve, I woke up early in the morning to take a walk to the Washington Monument for the sunrise. Here's what amazed me when I got there and took time to walk around waiting for the sunrise to come up, the monument is at the center! It reaches up to the skies at 555' 5 1/8". It stood between the Lincoln Memorial and the Capitol with "Laus Deo" on the aluminum cap atop the Washington Monument, meaningfully placed at the highest point over what is the most powerful city in the world. "Laus Deo" means "Praise be to God"!

I love how God put the Levites' town at the center like how the Washington Monument is at the center! God wants to be in the center of our lives. The monument is "pointing" us toward Him, God be praised! Are we doing anything in our lives that are "pointing" everyone toward Him? Will our friends see God when they see you or your home? Is there anything at your home that will point you toward Him like how the Washington Monument will point me toward Him everytime I see the monument. I saw the picture of the monument at the Wizard basketball game several months ago and it reminds me of Him! So I glorified Him in my thoughts when I saw the monument! Let Him be in the center of your thoughts at all times!

If you would like to know more about "Laus Deo", you can read about it at:
www.snopes.com/politics/religion/lausdeo.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment